- 1201 Lincoln Mall, Suite 100 Lincoln, NE 68508
Katie Spohn served in the Nebraska Attorney General’s Office for 12 years, serving as Deputy Attorney General from 2012-2014. In that role, she was tasked with handling the state’s most complex civil litigation cases, specializing in nationally-significant issues of constitutional law. Spohn was an integral part of numerous multi-state challenges to federal regulation and played a critical role in the states’ challenge to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. In September 2014, Spohn led the victory in defending the constitutionality of a law regulating the Keystone XL pipeline before the Nebraska Supreme Court.
Prior to serving as Deputy Attorney General, Spohn was Section Chief for the Agriculture, Environment and Natural Resources Section and Special Counsel to the Attorney General where she gained extensive litigation experience prosecuting environmental violations and defending the constitutionality of state statutes on subjects ranging from corporate farming prohibition to statutes seeking to protect unborn children.
Spohn was the recipient of the Conference of Western Attorneys General Jim Jones Public Service Award in 2014 and was honored as supervisor/manager of the year at the Attorney General’s Office in 2009.
Spohn earned her B.S. in Agri-Business and J.D. from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. She is admitted to the Nebraska State Bar; the Eighth, Eleventh, and D.C. Circuit Courts of Appeals; and the United States Supreme Court. She lives on a farm outside of Lincoln, Nebraska, with her husband Scott and three children, Zach, Jacob and Valerie.
- B.S. University of Nebraska, Lincoln – Agri-business
- J.D. University of Nebraska School of Law
- Deputy Attorney General of Nebraska (2012-2014)
- 2014 Conference of Western Attorneys General Jim Jones Public Service Award Recipient
- 2009 Attorney General of Nebraska’s Manager/Supervisor of the Year Award Recipient
- Nebraska Attorney General’s Attorney of the Quarter Award
- Lady of Libuse Community Service Award
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Nebraska State Courts
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- D.C. Circuit Courts of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court